Sunday 27 April 2014

Genealogical Chart 18: Our Maniapoto whakapapa from Daisy Mary Te Kurawhakairi Ormsby.


This chart shows our Maniapoto whakapapa with our common grandparent Daisy Mary Te Kurawhakairi as the starting ancestor.

DAISY MARY TE KURAWHAKAIRI ORMSBY + John Honi Ruki Pohepohe McGruther
                   I
Arthur (Waati) Sydney Ormsby + Matilda (Matire) Wright
                   I
Rangihurihia Te Raku + Robert Ormsby
                   I
    Te Rakutakiari + Matakorama
                   I
  Te Whakapuharu + Iriwhau
                   I
             Tuohu + Te Tuki
                   I
        Ruahikihiki + Parehuia
                   I
      Manaoterangi + Waipaia
                   I
        Heketerangi II + Ngaere
                   I
          Rangatahi + Maniauruahu
                   I
        Tutakamoana + Rangipare
                   I
       MANIAPOTO + Hinewhatihua  (MANIAPOTO is the eponymous ancestor of Ngati Maniapoto. He had four known wives: Hinemania, Hinewhatihua, Pakurangi, and Paparauwhare. Our line comes through Hinewhatihua).
                  I
           Rereahu + Hineauponamu
                  I
          Raukawa + Turongoihi
                  I
          Turongo + Mahina-a-rangi
                  I
           Tawhao + Punuiatekore
                  I
             Kakati + Ururangi
                  I
       KAHUKUKE + Rakataura (Kahukeke is an important figure in our whakapapa. She is the daughter of Hoturoa and came to Aotearoa on the Tainui with our first Maori ancestors. She married Rakataura the Tainui tohunga and our line comes down through her).
                  I
          HOTUROA + Whakaoterangi
                  I
          Kuotepo + Auauterangi  (both in Hawaiiki)
                  I
Subsequent Hawaiiki ancestors include Whaene - Taraao - Muturangi - Ohomairangi - Toi.
                 


3 comments:

  1. Family trees are most important to future generations than the current as some families does not have record of all their family history.
    Family tree diagrams are the best way to illustrate family history. You can create family tree charts using family tree maker . Find more family tree templates in the diagram community of Creately online diagramming and collaboration software.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so special to hear those names again I am a descendant of peehi tukorehu who married te riaki not sure of her line yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te korero atahua our whakapapa

    ReplyDelete